Pages

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

One year anniversary in U

Today is kind of special in a way because it actually marked a year milestone that I have spent a year in my current project. This is the longest project that I have ever been in so far. 3 different roles in year, from European program management office lead, try to operate myself at our senior executives' mind and tried my best to match that expectation in setting up the program, install the governance structure, enjoying my high level bird-eyes view on all the countries not having any deliverable at hand. Not too long after that, I was brought from high level down to the earth to perform another challenging role to push France operation to go live with the out-sourced HR delivery model by spending enough months in Bucharest, Romania pulling everything plan, resources, processes, technology together to make it works. That was a nice piece of master art that I have orchestrated and reward myself with a month away for training and vacation in the States.

In July, I got into a new role in global capability release workstream and be the end-to-end solution architect, solutioning the highly impacted business process, conceptualised and making it works from technology perspective. Since then I am commuting weekly to Walton on Thames on 2 nights basis.

Today, on my one year anniversary, with the certainty that I am rolling off from the project and my last day will be 5th October 2007, it will mark the 1 year and 3 days.

Do I have enough of this project? I guess yes, the challenge is not so much the client but our internal team. What is next after working with this client that manufactured most of the things we use, food we consumed daily? No concrete plan for what is next yet, but certainly the end is always a new beginning.

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin