it's been a long time since you last visited the weekly market at your neighborhood. it's only 4c when you set out to the market this morning. winter has creep in silently. you need to put on a thicker jacket and your gloves soon.
at the market, you're delighted to find some dragon fruits and chinese pears, while the rest of the acquisitions are more or less expected at this time of the year. while most fruits will be eaten just the way they are, you're going to turn:
- chinese pear into a sweet soup with white fungus.
- carrot and mieraap is going to turn into your favorite dish of ju hu char or chai kueh.
- white radish into cantonese style radish cake
- avocado in salad or guacamole as these are good fat that fills you up
- beetroot into power juice
- leftover carrot will turn into western hearty soup
- aubergine will be grilled will parmesen cheese, a simple dish you learnt from parma
- butternut squash will either go in the soup or dish, it's versatile anyway...
you made mental note while you're in the market, now if you find sometime to cook these up... it's good to be home and stay put for a week.