Pages

Friday, October 24, 2008

Dutch Integration Fuss Part I

I just came back from the (in)famous Dutch integration practical exam. What the fuss? Even the examiners wondered why I have to do it. I don't even know why myself apart from summoned by the Dutch government to do it. But I have the first part today, I have to do 6 practical exam (1) Naturalization (2) applying a driving license (3)Looking for a job in CWI (4) In a work meeting, taking minutes (5) help a client in a shop (6) help a client to order an item

In reality, I will do none of these. (1) I will not take up Dutch citizenship (2) I applied my driving license via the 30 percent ruling i.e. expatriate way (3) Even the examiner told me the type of job that I am looking (eventually) for will not come from CWI (4) It was perhaps 10 years ago I last taken a meeting minutes (5) and (6) I don't think I will ended up as a sales assistant in a shop ever.

My conclusion: Dutch practical exam is NOT practical after all. Waste of my time and energy.

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin