Pages

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

20 Blessings

The following list counts 20 blessings from the Bible for you and me. May it strengthen you when you are down.

1. Why do I say “I can’t do it” if the Bible says that I can do all things to Christ which strengthened me (Phil 4:13)?

2. Why do I feel lacking if I know that God will supply my every need according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus (Phil 4:19)?


3. Why should I feel afraid if the Bible says that God did not give me a spirit of timidity but one of power, love, and self-discipline (2 Tim 1:7)?


4. Why should I feel lacking in faith if I know that God has assigned me a measure of faith (Rom 12:3)?


5. Why do I become weak if the Bible says that God is my light and salvation and I will be strong and do exploits (Psalm 27:1, Dan 11:32)?


6. Why should I let the devil win over my life if the Spirit that lives in me is stronger than the one who is in the world (1 John 4:4)?


7. Why should I surrender if the Bible says that God will always lead me triumphantly in Christ (2 Cor 2:14)?


8. Why should I lack in wisdom if Christ himself has become wisdom for me and God will give me wisdom if we ask Him (1 Cor 1:30, James 1:5)?


9. Why should I be depressed if I can remember that I can hope in God whose faithfulness is renewed every morning (Lament 3:21-23)?


10. Why should I worry, stressed, and complain if I can throw all my worries to God because He cares for me (1 Pet 5:7)?


11. Why should I always live under burden if I know that where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom and Christ has set us free (2 Cor 3:17, Gal 5:1)?


12. Why should I feel punished if the Bible says that there is now no condemnation for those who are in union with Christ Jesus (Rom 8:1)?


13. Why should I feel alone if Jesus says that He will always be with me, never leave or abandon me (Mat 28:20, Heb 13:5)?


14. Why should I feel cursed or feel unlucky if the Bible says that Christ has redeem us from the curse of the Law so that through faith we receive the promised Spirit (Gal 3:13-14)?


15. Why should I feel not enough in this life if I, just like Paul, can learn to be content in whatever situation I am (Phil 4:11)?

16. Why should I feel unworthy if Chris has become sin for us, so that in Him, we become God’s righteousness (2 Cor 5:21)?


17. Why should I feel afraid against other people if I know that if God is for me, nobody can be against us (Rom 8:31)?

18. Why should I be confused if God is the King of Peace and He gives us knowledge through His Spirit that lives in us (1 Cor 14:33, 2:12)?


19. Why should I keep failing and falling if the Bible says that as children of God, I am more than conqueror through Him who love me (Rom 8:37)?


20. Why should I let the pressures of lives disturb me if I can have strength because I know that Lord Jesus has conquered the world and suffering (John 16:33)? “Be still and know that I am God!” (Psalm 46:10a).

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin