Pages

Sunday, February 06, 2011

an.oasis.in.shinjuku

my second sunday to shinjuku shalom church.  instead of 11am, i went for the 1.30pm service.  the dynamic and congregations are very different.  while the 11am consists of mainly middle age couples and elderly people, the 1.30pm are mainly working adults, young couples and many of them are with little children.
i feel so blessed today.  in fact tear kept falling down from my eyes as i listen to the translated sermon.
 
true worshiper, he is so in love with the Lord, can you feel it?

the worship team, most of the praise and worship songs although sang in japanese, but they are not new to me, as i sing those at my church too, except singing in english or in dutch.  while they worship the Lord in japanese, i sing in english.  what really matters to the Lord is the heart and intention of our worship to Him, not the language we speak, that's why He gives us the gift of tongue.  the lady on the right welcomed me last week and she makes me feel at home again this week.  bless you, R!

 
part of the congregations at the start, all empty chairs got fill up shortly after the service began.

the pastor, i don't even remember his name. as you all know, i am tired from my one week of work.  it's exciting but the extremely long working hours and the decision packed week has drained me from my sleep and from my prayer.  tokyo is on the move, we all got lost easily in this metropolitan city, but the message is one should not ignore the power of prayer.  once again the pastor reminds us that we can pray in tongue easily at workplace, in the metro, on the move, he challenges us to give God 30 min each day in prayer and is awaiting for us to come back with testimony early march.
i feel so touched by the Holy Spirit that tears just couldn't stop but keep flowing from my eyes.  my tear drops during the worship, the Holy Spirit just assured me as the song goes with the lyrics "arigato, arigato...". yes, thank You Lord, i should not look into my situation or my tiredness but in all things i give thanks... and i continue to weep throughout the translated sermon.  i am glad i was there, the sermon is made for me.  Lord you are just so so real!!  help me and use me to make an impact to tokyo!!


matthew 18:18-19 Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.

another new week.  have a good and blessed one!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin