Pages

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Hua Shan Lu



The road is located in the French Consession area. I don't know why I picked this title, perhaps my hotel is just by HuaShan Road or perhaps the view of my hotel room is at the junction of HuaShan and XingGuo Roads. I never cherised the French consession area when I first arrived in 1997. However, as I read on books about Shanghai 1930's, I began to get interested in this subject matter. Anything about Shanghai at 1930's is appealling to me. From that on, I always followed the books in search of the old Shanghai and pondering on the different people that once upon a time stayed in some of the big mansion along this area.
I don't know why I choose this topic, it doesn't look very french, very chic now, but if I could follow those books and imagine about the time in 1930's, it really seems very enchanting and memorable to me.
Photo 1: The quiet road of HuaShan Road
Photo 2: The junction of HuaShan and Xinguo, view from my room

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin