Pages

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Xin Tian Di 新天地 by night
















I remembered looked down from my office in ShuiOn Plaza, the area where Xingtiandi stands now was still a typical Shanghainese quarters (石库房) Just when I was about to relocate to Hong Kong, this area was torned down except the structural architecture.
A few years later, when I stepped into Shanghai again, the quarters disappeared and Xingtiandi is born.
Today, despites of the over priced and less delicious food, it is still a (in)famous place for expatriates and a must visit place for locals.
Xintiandi by night is kinda sexy, although it can never compete with the era of 1930s. Tonight, as I stand here, surrounded by the restaurants, cafes and people, somehow, I still find something is missing in this whole setting, not sure what is that, perhaps it is the allure of 1930s that has long gone with time and will never come back.

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin