Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Home made Omelet with Tapioca Starch


I don't know what do you call this, may be it is a variety of omelet, but this is a very traditional snack back home and back in my memory in my childhood time. Mum always made this for us when we are hungry and it is delicious when you dip it in the fish sauce that has been sprinkled with pepper. Traditionally it is only made with clams, spring onion but I enriched it with sausage, shrimps or rather anything that I can find in my fridge and that go with the taste.


It is very hard to get the right measurement of the tapioca starch and water mix, I almost do it by my gut feeling these day. Yesterday it turned out really nice, with the right texture of the starch.


My nephew CJ, always fancy about this dish whenever he was in Kuching and always asked my third sister to make this for him. I guessed he never realised that I could also make this quite well.. .

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin