Pages

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Santa Lucia is in Netherlands

This morning we went to Ikea to return an article that we have bought a while ago but later found out that it is not needed at home.  As any day, Ikea is always packed with people rain or shine.  We made a quick round and suddenly I heard a very familiar tune 'Santa Lucia' and a group of girls, young or small dressing in white and singing the Santa Lucia carol.


Santa Lucia is not new to me as I have spent 2 winters in Sweden.  It is in fact a bunch of Swedish girls touring the different sections within Ikea and sing the carols.  I almost forgotten about Santa Lucia and in fact forgotten most of the Swedish traditions ever since my project finished in the lovely and yet miserable Sandviken.


The girl in the photo wearing a candle hat is indeed Santa Lucia. Except that in a real swedish version, the candle is lighted.  I have an movie clip of Santa Lucia from Sweden loaded last year, check out at http://malaymui.multiply.com/video/item/3.


Enjoy!

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin