Pages

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

La Petit Paris

13th and 14th March

I just realized in this trip that my French is sufficed even without Johannes around. The weather is not good, still very windy although the amount of rainfall has decreased. We stayed 3 nights and 2 days in Paris. Again for me, I have gone beyond the tourist activities. I have my own distinction between tourist and traveler, and I regarded myself as traveler. Although the tour only offered us tourist itinerary, but I managed to sneak out on most part and do my own thing in Paris. It would be ashamed if I have not strolled along the streets of Paris and sip a cup of coffee at a normal price. While they went on the boat trip, I went my own way to a normal street side café and had my cup of espresso and enjoyed people watching and reading of my holiday novel (Shadow of the wind, still not finish reading though). Weather was not very stable, grey sky most of the time, but this city is always chic and romantic, that something about French, making anything ordinary effortlessly extraordinary.

Norte Dame

I love to walk in to this cathedral whenever I have the chance, I like to observe the color of the rose window on a good sunny day, there were so much color combination that the glass could create. Due to the weather, I didn’t walk into it this time but admire Norte Dame from a distance. It reminds me of the Hunchback of Notre Dame – A novel written by Victor Hugo revived and saved the much abandoned cathedral in Gothic architecture. Hugo spent much time describing the building as well as decrying its abandonment after the abuse it suffered during the French Revolution.

Eiffel Tower

Eiffel is definitely a recognizable icon for Paris, France. The structure was built between 1887 and 1889 as the entrance arch for the Exposition Universelle, a World's Fair marking the centennial celebration of the French Revolution.

Arch de Triumph

Finally the famous Arch de Triumph that stands in the centre of the he Place de l'Étoile (Star Square). It is at the western end of the Champs-Élysées. It was commissioned in 1806 after the victory at Austerlitz by Emperor Napoleon I at the peak of his fortunes.

Jardine du Tulleries and Louvre

After a brief stroll at Jardin du Tulleries, I didn’t go in to the Louvre but I took my time strolling around place Vendome in search for my secret scents.

~~~~

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin