Pages

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Bucharest by day

After a good night beauty sleep, I woke up early enough to enjoy the hearty breakfast and then sort out the logistic on how to see Bucharest.  After a chat with a concierge guy and a short stroll to one of the so called mall (to buy water), I come to conclusion that I cannot handle this city by myself.  Not by walking, or by public transport such as metro but hire a private driver to drive me to wherever I want.


 


Here are some of the photo taken on the short wall.  Mixed impression for me, the post war feeling is still very strongly indulging.  Look at what Communism has done to the country and despite of the revolution was almost 18 years already, the city still very much remain in a post communist era.  I wonder what made Romania qualified for EU?  However, given a few years, the facelift of the city should be done.


 



No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin