Pages

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Romanian Athenaeum

One of the hightlight of the day is the Romanian Athenaeum.  One of the sight that I enjoyed most so for.   Athenaeum is located just south of the city center, very near to Hilton Hotel. 


This exquisite circular building is the majestic heart of Romania’s classical music tradition.  Scenes from Romanian history are featured on the interior fresco inside the big hall on the 1st floor , and the dome is 41 m high.  It was built in 1888.  The composer George Enescu made his depute here in 1898, and now it is the home to the George Enescu Philharmonic Orchestra.


Unfortunately there is nothing on tonight, otherwise I will surely go for it.  There is one tomorrow night but I wasn't sure if my schedule permits me to go for it, will keep my fingers crossed.



No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin