Pages

Sunday, January 21, 2007

First Impression of Bucharest by Night

20 Jan 2007


 


I have never dream of being in a Eastern European country and tonight here I am in the capital of Romania, Bucharest.


Two and a half hour flight journey, brought me from modern western world to a rather under developed country.  The international airport is only resembled a fraction of Rotterdam airport.  On my way from the airport to the hotel, I saw only ruins, not the historical ruins but more like a post war ruins.


Not really positive impression, it reminds me of the cities in North Eastern China, Bucharest not even come closed to any big China city like Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen or Guangzhou.  Even Inter-Continental hotel, the structure is grand, like any developing country, the hardware is cool but just lacking of something somehow.  The photo is taken from the balcony of my hotel room, not much street lights and so this has not change my impression even thought I am now in the Bucharest City center.


 


I shall stay positive and will check out the city tomorrow. J


 

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin