Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

new.york.city

you never expect this sort of treatment at the embarking airport, you were scrutinized and that's almost unacceptable, although the security asked in his absolute politeness.
security: what is the purpose of the trip?
you: business cum pleasure...
security: what is your profession and who is your employer?
you: i am bla bla and I work for bla bla company
security: do you have any thing that proof your work identity with your employer? your business card?
you: i checked-win my business card, I can show you my laptop which is a property of my company
security: no, that's not needed. what are you going to do there?
you: first two days pleasure - shopping, and from tuesday onwards business
security: what exactly you are going to do?
you: bla bla bla
security: who is picking you from the airport?
you: no one, I will take a cab to my hotel
security: which hotel you are staying and do you have the confirmation?
you: open my laptop bag and take the printout of hotel confirmation for the first two nights and showed him. *thanked God I printed it out*
security: how about the rest of the nights, where are you staying?
you: I am staying at bla bla, that's when my company is paying, I don't have the printed copy of the hotel confirmation but I have my itinerary of the entire trip.
security: show it to me, and please wait for a moment.... 5 minute later
security: do you have a client contact? the name and phone number?
you: I don't have any printout but I do have it in my cell phone. *show the client's email to security*
security: walked away and discuss with his supervisor.
security 2: okay, you may board your flight, sorry for the wait
you: has the security procedure changed? I didn't expect this at the boarding gate?
security: it has always been like this.
you: I never experienced this on my flight to USA
security: it happens to US carrier, have a nice flight
you: ah, I see @_@
lesson learned, never take a US carrier perhaps, the interrogation almost made you gave up hope to come to the states. not even at the immigration gate you expected such treatment.

anyway, here you are ^^. right in the very heart of new york city - manhattan.
 you can't get it wrong with the new york yellow cabs...
 and a time square scene in the evening
still a little surreal, a little tired and a little jet lag, but you are here in manhanttan.
you hope you can rest well tonight as tomorrow you are going to hit woodbury outlet mall.

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin