Pages

Saturday, October 02, 2010

matcha.chiffon.cake

don’t ask me why. when I feel I am stressed or too busy or too bored, i run back into the kitchen. and I bake.
baking is therapeutic for me, it relaxes me.. yesterday i finished work much later than my normal friday.  i drove straight to supermarket to pick up eggs,  cream and other ingredients because i was desperate, i need to bake, to relax....

as a result, i baked matcha (japanese green tea) chiffon cake....

it is my first try. the cake turns out a little moist in the middle.  the recipe asks for 170c and 25 -30 minute baking time but my oven only operates at either 180c or 160c.  i should have chosen 180c then the outcome would be evenly dry and fluffy.  at 160c, i baked for nearly 50 minutes and yet the middle is still a little moist.

this morning i whipped the cream but somehow the cream doesn't work out, i tried twice but the cream is just flat and watery.  i normally don't use this brand but the one that i normally use is sold out and i picked up this brand.  it just doesn't stand even i put it in the fridge for half a day.

i am trying to recreate a cake that i have tried in kyoto, is matcha chiffon sandwiched with azuki (red bean) and matcha flavor cream.  despite of the watery cream and not so photogenic green,  the taste actually resembles what i tasted before, the bitterness of matcha, the sweetness of azuki bean, a perfect balance for a grey and rainny saturday afternoon..


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin