Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

what.makes.you.happy

Photobucket i know the title sounds a little cheeky, for some a new handbag or a good trip would make one happy for awhile, for others a good bake or a delicious meal. for a mother, it would be a good result or appreciation from the childern... for me it is a question that posed by my new supervisor.

i had my own annual interview this late afternoon. as you know that our practice lead left the company recently and i also bid farewell to my own supervisor last week. now i have a new supervisor and although i know this person for years but we never have a in depth working relationship with him.

it is interesting that he said that "you are in a luxury position". i am 'luxury' because i am in a project that i pretty much decide on my own end date and there is no budget issue in keeping me on the project for coming years. i am 'luxury' because i have the people management skill and structural in clinical execution yet i am 'luxury' because i also have in depth horizontal knowledge of certain process skill. it is however this 'luxury position' that put me into a career dilemma that i am neither an expert or general management track. i guess life is all about choices and choosing one for ourselves. at the end it is what makes you happy that matters most. i think he has got a point there, not that a point that i have never thought of myself, but i just keep on postponing the decision making...

will i be happy to be an expert role? or will i be happier in a general management role? to be honest, i believe i can excel in both profiles but which one will make me happier is the question!!!

he says "you will have a few weeks to think about it and we meet again to discuss further...". in my term i would have a few weeks to pray about it, because i believe in proverbs 16:3 says "commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans". after all, His will is the best will for me.

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin