Pages

Friday, February 03, 2012

first.snow.初.雪

we didn't have any snow in 2011 but today we've got the first snow storm after a few days of severe cold weather with the persistence cold wave sweeping all the way from the east siberia.

 the snow starts falling around mid morning, i have to quickly drive to grocery store to pick up food and perishable before it becomes difficult to drive...
an hour or so later, when i am done with one of the conference calls, the snow already piled up...

 in the meantime, inside the house i was in the mood of baking a matcha (japanese green tea) chiffon cake
 i try to mimic the presentation of the one in the recipe book, but somehow may be because i added some stabilizer in my whipped cream it became rougher and hard to get the smooth edge like the one at the background.
 i also sprinkled some edible gold flakes to my cake....

and cut a slice for myself to enjoy an afternoon tea alone with the view of snowy garden...

it's soft and fluffy just like my many attempts of chiffon cakes, this one has not fail me either.  it's bitter with lightly sweet after taste.... yum... 

it's finally weekend. it's going to be a cold and white weekend for us in europe.  enjoy your weekend wherever you are.

2 comments:

DesperateHousewife said...

I like the cream texture you have achieved more, it resembles more to the snow. I like it even better if I could have a slice, actually.

malaymui said...

I already asked you to come over for a piece of cake and BKT but you didn't show up :p

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin