Pages

Thursday, May 05, 2011

fuji-san.富士山

The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures,

he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.

He guides me along the right paths,for his name’s sake.

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil,

for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.


You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,

and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

psalm 23 just resounding in your heart, in your mind, in your spirit. and it matches perfectly with the scenery that you enjoyed at fuji five lakes area.  there are many more thoughts, photos and stories to tell, but for a start, you would like to introduce fuji-san in the revelation on how he has drawn you closer to the creator of Heaven and Earth and how the scripture becomes so real and dear to your spirit.

on a different note, today 5th may is actually a special national holiday in japan.  children day (こどもの日 Kodomo no hi) with the emphasis for the boys since girls had their day on hinamatsuri on 3rd march. the news is showing the memorial services to many boys that lost their lives during the tsunami in tohoku area.

let's remember those kids and their parents who live to mourn in our prayers.

1 comment:

terri said...

beautiful photos n post. gives me the idea to a post using same verses:)

yes i'll be around in june. looking forward to see you! why don't you visit shanghai too--yi can take you around. but i think you know the city well:)

p.s. had to enter same comment twice bc not sure if the first one got thru.

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin