Pages

Saturday, April 04, 2009

English Scone

Yesterday I made some English scones. I haven't made this for years but at the beginning when we first got our heavy duty combi, I used to make this a lot.

I made plain scones this time with

(a) 225g plain flour, pinch of salt, 1 tsp baking power

25g sugar

50g butter

150 ml milk

Mixed and shift (a) thoroughly, add sugar and butter to create bread crumbs texture.

Add little bit of milk to the dough and work the texture till not too dry or sticky.

Leave the dough aside for 15 min.

roll the dough to the desired thickness and cut it using a cutter (I use a small glass)

Spread the surface with beaten egg or sprinkle flour to the surface for matt finish.

Preheat oven at 220C and you know it is working when the dough is rising in the oven.

This will be the breakfast or tea for the weekend.

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin