Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Every Child is an Artist...

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. ~ Pablo Picasso


What have you been doing lately in your spare time or at your leisure? I am enjoying the two sketch books that I recently acquired through bol.com.

One of them is Paris Sketchbook by Graham Byfield and Mary Kelly.

And my other love goes to My Italian Sketchbook by Florine Asch and Dominique Fernandez. Both artists use different techniques in watercolor painting. I have been studying the water color strokes, the mix of colors and the use of ink pen to depict the contour of the objects. I am still learning to apply those techniques into the nice sceneries I captured and try to have my own way of interpretation in watercolor and not being a copy cat.


How about you? Are you swamp by the mundane of life? Did you kill the creative side of you due to the routine of working life? I am determining to revive the artistic side of me despite of the heftiness of reality…

Do something that is of your interest and follow your heart…
Have a blessed day....

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin