Pages

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

From Greece with Love and Sunshine

I bought this bottle of rose patel preserve from Athens, Greece and chuck it in the cupboard and only re-discover it 2 days ago.
This is called Rose Gulkhand – made of red rose patels mixed with sugar and honey, and then place under the sunshine for 7 hours per day for 10 days.
I first tried it with plain scone but find it too sweet…way too sweet for me. Love the rose fragrance, the subtle and refreshing aroma but the extreme sweetness put me off.
Today I tried a spoonful in a small glass of water. Gulkhand becomes drinkable, very nice rose scent, smooth, cooling and refreshing. Not just the taste but the visual effect is enchanting too, watch the rose patels expand in the glass, like another rose blooming in the glass, beautiful rose.

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin