Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Cuties in Akihabara (秋葉原)

After the educative Edo lesson at Edo-Tokyo Museum, we headed to the famous electronic town - Akihabara (秋葉原). Frankly speaking the whole area is flooded with enormous electronic appliances related shops selling products of mixed quality.
What impresses me most is there are lots of teenager girls dressing in so called "cute" anime costumes. They are almost everywhere, giving out flyer's, shouting in the pretending "cute" sharp voices.

Two of them chatting away on the street...


Another two...


This one in the short kimono and long socks



How can I not pretending as one after seeing so many on the street...

Am I sold to this manga/anime culture? No, not exactly.... urban culture is not what I am fond of, I don't know how people surviving their souls by living in the manga culture.
God bless the Tokyoites...

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin