Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Permanent Residency

I collected my Dutch Permanent Resident Permit today!!

What a day to mark in my journal. I remembered I applied for the Dutch permanent residency on the same day I applied for the Japanese visa and also the same day I had a close encounter with the Dutch Queen.

While we were still in Japan, I was told by my mum-in-law that there is a letter from the IND asking me to collect my new document. Today despite of jet-lag, I went to the Police station at Den Haag and collect my permanent resident permit.

What a milestone, I live here for 6 years already!! Looking back to the last 6 years, I can only thanked God for everything that He had made possible for me. It is not easy to start a new life in a western country especially being an Asian and a woman who doesn't speak a word of the national language. Through Him and in Him, He had not only provided me all the opportunities to excel me in everything I do, experiencing Him in a greater level that I have never seen before and what's more the many big and small blessings that we may have taken for granted.

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin