Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

iPhotography


I was seriously thinking of investing in DSLR camera and have been during a lot of reading during my free time, learning the technical terminologies and various concepts of photography. I thought it's about time to move away from point and shoot and progressing into the advance level. I kind of figure out what I want as the basic body, nothing fancy but entry level DSLR body and then get two lenses, one for normal usage and one macro lens. I have learnt that a good photography device is not on the camera body but lenses and also learn about the trinity of exposure = aperture + shutter speeds, how aperture affects the depth of field and various. I know my passion for photography lies on the food, still shot and perhaps landscape and may be portrait if I have good model and subject…


I also know a DSLR is going to be much bulky and heavy than my current Panasonic Lumic DMC-LX3 and I am certainly happy with most of the shots that I have taken using it but certain blur, bokeh or close-up manipulation is always difficult at certain distance.


As my search go on, I suddenly realize that I have not use my Panasonic to the fullest, and there are a couples of add on lens that could bring the photography to the next level. So I think I have changed my mind, I will stay on with my Panasonic for another year or so by investing in the extra add on lens. Anyway, this advancement is much more economical then investing in a DSLR. To get to DSLR, I need to first accept the weight of the camera and the extra weight of the lens. I really don’t think I would like to carry bulk of equipments when I am going around making pictures, further there are more DSLR or serious photography jargon's and concepts that I still couldn’t understand despite of my extensive research on the Internet lately regarding photography.


I also discover my love for 35mm film camera and the one I had in my mind is Lomography L-CA+ and some toy cameras of the same line. Lomography is known for capturing vibrant color and its unique multiple exposure modes that produces somewhat arty photos.
So I guess I have made up my mind, extend my Panasonic to the fullest with extra conversion lens and get my new love Lomography 35mm film camera.


If my US trip come true, these will be mine as soon as I check in to the training center. Trust me these things are so much cheaper in the States than else where in Europe.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin