Pages

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

HbA1c

Yesterday afternoon I went for a medical appointment with the internist. Much to my surprise, he is very satisfied with the way my blood sugar is controlled. My HbA1c is now just 7.0 (4.0 to 7.0 is the normal range for a normal person without diabetes). HbA1c is the average of the blood glucose for the last 2 to 3 months and this index is more important than the daily blood glucose check as it takes the averages of 24 hours of the entire 2 to 3 months. Because I am progressing well, the doctor even suggests a plan for me to stop taking Metformine (a diabetic oral tablets) of which I am taking twice daily in combination with the insulin. Starting today I will stop taking Metformine in the morning by increasing the dosage of insulin and monitor this for 3 days to see if I can still maintain my blood sugar in the desired range. It is also my desire to stop taking oral medication and in fact my greatest desire is to even stop with insulin. I am praying for a supernatural healing from God. It will and it shall happen according to my faith in Christ Jesus. I shared about “Thy will be done” recently and certainly sickness is not His will for us.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin