Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

thy.will.be.done

It’s a strange experience that I have gone through lately ever since the God’s economy seminar that took place last Saturday. The speaker is a successful business man who has gone through the hard times to come to where he is now and he finally understood the secret of success and is happy to share this secret with others.

I am an organized person in the sense that I plan and set out my objectives, to do list and then I just do it to attain my objectives (long and short ones)


.
The last few days I have been pondering into the key secret that the speaker had shared during the seminar that largely based on the Lord’s prayer (Matthew 6:9-13). Interestingly I have been reciting and know this prayer by heart for years and yet never grasp the true zest of the Word. The secret is we are not suppose to tell God what to do or set out our agenda and then ask God to bless our plan, in some sense this is okay to do so as I have been doing that for years as well, i.e. tell God what I want and ask Him to bless my plan... but the true secret is “Thy will be done” and that really so hard to grasp and to put into practice. The fact is that we are just His sheep and Lord Jesus is our shepherd, so instead of telling Him what to do and do it according to our plan, why not do it the otherwise.



It is not easily when I set out this journey of letting go of what I want to do each day and let Him surprise me. The fact is that He has been surprising me and adding new experience into my life. It is an amazing and subtle experience, nothing big or dramatic but I knew it was because I told Him that 'I want His will be done in my life today'. I could easily quote a few examples that took place already this week but it is really not necessary because those are rather personal and specific to me. You got to let go and experience it yourself.


To me, this is definitely a progression in my relationship with Lord Jesus.....

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin