Pages

Friday, January 08, 2010

drowsy.day

I had the hysterescopy this morning, not particularly painful than the previous one but I am being toxify by all sort of painkillers (Advil liquid tablet, paracetamol, Naxproxen) a few days before the checkup and that made me hardly think straight, move properly. I have been feeling drowsy and sleepy all day and woke up with a bit of headache and up coming flu....
Did I mention that I switched to insulin injection instead of oral medication? I have been injecting the green one since the day I became a diabetes patient, the orange one is a substitute for oral medication.

Sometimes I feel like I am a drug addict who needs to inject myself 4 times a day...

Here is the needle box, it fills up really fast...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The orange one is NOT a substitute for oral medication! It is your rapid-acting insulin. The green one is your background insulin.

I like how you're the sort of person that is grateful for the blessings they have in life. Can I add one more - be glad that your medical team has put you on the only two diabetes treatments that are truly safe. Insulin and metformin!

You blogged that you stopped your Metformin in May 2010 but you didn't say why, so I was wondering how your blood sugars have been doing?

malaymui said...

hi anonymous,
my blood sugar has been good and in fact my latest H1bAC is 5.6.
i have no more oral medication since the day i use the orange insulin...

Anonymous said...

5.6 is really good, well in the normal range. Congrats! Plus you managed that while eating all the delicious food that you blogged about.

If it's not too personal a question, can I ask how many units of orange insulin you inject for a bowl of Japanese ramen? I *love* ramen but I don't dare to eat it anymore because more than a mouthful of any type of carbohydrate spikes my blood sugar terribly. For that matter, how many grams of carb are in a standard bowl of ramen? I have a carb-counting book but it only has the standard Western dishes plus westernized Asian food like 'chicken chow mein'.

malaymui said...

it varies... from 10 to 25 depending on my blood sugara before meal and what i am eating... exercise has been helpful, i went to fitness 3X per week, i re-engineer the order of my food intake, still eat what i want to eat but in moderate portion.

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin