Pages

Saturday, March 06, 2010

2:26 art.institvte.chicago

I visited the Art institvte of Chicago (yes, I have not mispelled the word institvte although in reality it is institute) which I think it deserved a dedicated blog entry by its own. I am not that arty but lately I am intringue to arts and my trips to musuem has not been that frequent until last year.
The interior of art institute Chicago

this place is huge and with the new modern wing installed and opens to public, I literally lost a few times as I navigate myself in this museum that makes up by connecting two buildings. I didn't go through everything as not every piece of object is appealing to me. I spent a lot of time in modern arts, European impressionist and a special exhibition on photography.


I like standing in front of the abstract art and trying to see if I can interpret what the painter trying to convey before reading the description, although some time I never even get any closer to the interpretation.
This room is trying to portray a mixed emotion of joy and violence, the wall paper is particularly interesting so as the packet of car oil at various corner to represent the violence and the wedding grown is there to represent joy.

I am delighted to see so many original art works of famous European painters here too, first and foremost the famous Dutch painter Vincent van Gogh

Pierre-Auguste Renoir, that caught me at first sight because we still use the coasters with his paintings at home
Claude Monet and various paintings of water lily inspired by his garden in Giverny



and many more

and more...
what a rich collection and absolute satisfaction of my artistic dose of this trip


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin