Pages

Sunday, March 07, 2010

3:26 museum.contemporary.arts.chicago

It's forecast to be raining today, though at the time I set off, the weather is still dry. I went to Museum of Contemporary Arts. Funny enough I only started to visit museum after so many trip to this windy city, nonetheless it is never too late to nurture the other side of me.

the museum front entrance, a black room showing multiple short films of an painters, I spent a long time in the dark room observing every film.

At the museum shop, these bags are made of a special material that we encounter everyday, can you guess what they are made of?

MCA stair, the different facets of a functional staircase, yet the design is so spectacular especially when it is being composed this way...


some objects are made of the recycle of daily objects

A piece of black cloth turning into flowers pattern, reminds me of some of the items at ikea...
a log that turned with engrave of 'the impossible girl' - that's me!

almost every corner, every object in the museum is some form of art display, the museum called it 'hide and seek' experience, everything is there for you to discover...


Some simple yet elegant art creations with manipulation of light

The artist's studio inside-out, a floor length glass with portrait at the puck's restaurant. A few books at the lower ground encouraging visitors to draw, sketch, write down their inspiration about various day to day topic such as name, food you eat etc. So simple, but yet an interesting and effective ways to stimulate creativity of the visitors. I left my sketches in one of the book too. There are also a few books to browse and the one on the bottom left is a book about the illustration of sketches....

I walked out the museum fully inspired and determine to pursue the artistic side of me...

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin