Pages

Monday, January 23, 2006

B.E.T.H.E.L


If you ever wonder why I am silence... Well... I have been sick all weekend last week. Not a big deal but the flu, cough and the light headache made me feel unfit and not able to concerntrate on anything except sleeping.
Anyway, if I could recalled my blessing last Monday 23 Jan, where our pastor came to our house to conduct a house blessing. It was a rather cold Monday night, my cell leader Sylvia and her husband Philip came along.
Pastor explained the meaning of house cleansing and blessing, that is so that the evil one will have no stronghold in this house and family. Pastor Victor revealed a few important scriptures and that reminded Johannes about some of the jade pendants that he had got from his family. The Lord also revealed to be about a book that I have bought from my trip to Xi'an, China few years ago. We recognized the spiritual impart and rendered those into the name of the Lord and destroyed them according to the word of God.
During the prayer for the house, it was interesting that Pastor prophesied over our home that the Lord has revealed to him that it will be BETHEL i.e. the house of the Lord. Now the title of this blog kind of making sense to you I believe. My heart was thrilled because this is an unspoken desire of naming our home as BETHEL, only Johannes and myself would know this secret and much to my satisfaction that I just purchased tiles with alphabets of B.E.T.H.E.L from Lisbon recently. I showed Pastor Victor the tiles and explained how blessed I am to know that the Lord actually cared about our desires.
Pastor blessed our home with oil and we ended our night with supper prepared by mum. That night, despite of sleeping at a very late hour, I feel that there is a sense of freedom that something has been lifted from my spirit.

Genesis 35:3 - Then come, let us go up to Bethel, where I will build an altar to God, who answered me in the day of my distress and who has been with me wherever I have gone

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin