Pages

Friday, January 13, 2006

An side effect after Victory??

Last night I didn't sleep well, I was a bit excited by the fact that my career counselor wrote me an email informing me that he has indeed got a very good feedback from my Swedish manager.
This morning I was extremely busy and my phone were ringing all days and there were so many calls to answer. For no reason, my stress level increased to an extend that I almost couldn't cope with ....
I guess it is not easy afterall to take care of a family chores and yet pursuing an upcoming career. I wish to strike the balance and cope with both excellently, but it is not easy.
I have to work (from home), yet have to run to a few places... to replenish weekly groceries, to specialty Asian store and to the library to borrow a specific book. I wish to do everything for neatly and nicely my husband, to keep the house in order, cook a nice meal and awaiting him to return from work. Perhaps it is a not a myth but a FACT that coping family and career is NOT easy. When I am at work in Sweden, I can truly focus on my work because I don't have a husband and a home to return to. So all I do is work, work and work till late enough to call a day.
Tonight I am alone again, it happens most of the Fridays because Johannes has to go to cellgroup meeting. I have to amuse myself and keep myself occupied. For that I shall not complain, because what he is doing is storing up the treasure in heaven and building up his faith. Also, it makes me understand how he feels when I left him for 3 nights to work in Sweden.
Family and career?? I want BOTH!!! The coming months will be very challenging as I can foresee my increasing workload and responsibilities. I hope the Lord will make ways for me...

Anyway, it is already weekend, I hope I could de-stress and let go and enjoy my well deserve weekend....

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin