Pages

Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Art of Salad Layering



That's ME with a smile of Victory at my tower of Salad


After reading and CD listening at Bijenkorf 4th floor, our stomachs are calling for some food. As usual, since we are already at Bijenkorf, the logical place to go is La Rouge.

Our favorites here is always the assorted salad, where one can pick and choose what he wants and the price is based on the size of the bowl. Today we noticed that instead of a bowl, it is now a flat plate. Hmmm... A very flat plate, deep in my heart, I was thinking perhaps there are too many people like me who are good in staking and arranging the salad in a way that the restaurant is losing?


See the result below.... heh..heh... pretty GOOD value for money in return. See my tower of salad. The ambition is to aim HIGH and go HIGHER. The secret is all about the art of layering. I arranged the bottom of the plate with green asparagus, then follow by aubergines in square with space in between. The space is then filled with mushrooms marinated with sun dried tomatoes. Next layer is red paprika's and followed by grilled potatoes. Finally, I filled all the loose space with grilled funnels.


Enjoy!!



Tower of Salad





No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin