Pages

Monday, November 20, 2006

A personal re-encounter with God


This weekend I went for a re-encounter retreat.  The retreat is part of the G12 discipleship programme based on the four stages of christianity growth of a person.  The four phases are WIN-CONSOLIDATE-DISCIPLE-SEND.  My Lord is an amazing God, for the fact that He set me free from something that the evil one has just planted in my sub-consciousness recently.  Thoughts that I have no time to deal with yet and thoughts that I am yet to acknowledge it will cause a problem in my walk with the Lord.  This is an unspoken thought in a way that no one knows about this at all (perhaps just God, me and the evil one).  My God is almighty, He know this will cause a problem and that He set me free even before the thought is rooted or become a stronghold in my life.  I always remember a saying, if Jesus is not the Lord of ALL in my life, He is not the Lord at ALL.  How often we give Lord the control of most part of our life but not ALL part of our life?  It is easier to say it but will require a lot more personal encounter and re-encounter and further refinement. 


God also enroot and personalized the G12 vision to me.  He make it crystal clear that this is about a commitment.  It is about wining souls for the Lord, it is about the gospel to be heard by all nations.  It is about evangelism and discipleship.  It is also not about one's ability or capability, it is about one's willingness to take on this commitment and be obedience in God's operation.  It is also not about whether I can do it, it is all about if I am willing and desire to do to take on this call.  It is not about my might or my strength, but it is about the spirit of the Lord in me that will enable and empower me.  It also make me come to the realisation such calling is for everyone who called ourselves christians.  Let us not be contented as one who are 'being blessed by God' but also be a blessing to those who yet to know Him.


Thank You Lord for making this vision clear to me.

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin