Pages

Friday, November 24, 2006

A childhood taste


I didn't really like to eat instant noodles but I cannot resist Maggie instant noodles. This is particularly true when it comes to Asam Laksa, Tom Yam and Curry flavors. If I can search my memory in my childhood, this was the only instant noodles that thrilled us. We normally didn't get this as breakfast, but if we did, mum will cook it nicely with an fried egg and sometime with extra toppings. Then on that morning, it was the smell of maggie mee that woke me up from my dream and crawl to the table and enjoying the home cooked maggie noodle. Now, I can never cooked and get back the same taste that my mum has done for us. She is now in heaven, and the taste can only stay in my memory.


I have live in many countries like Hong Kong, UK, Shanghai, even now in the Netherlands where one can find almost all the different brands of instant noodles from all over the world, but maggie is the one that I can never get outside of Singapore and Malaysia. That is the reason why, every time when I have the opportunity to go home or visit Singapore, I will always bring a few packs with me.


Now I only have a few more packs left at home, and I guess I will surely treasure them.

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin