Pages

Friday, November 10, 2006

Lo Mai Kai



Yesterday, for no reason, I am graving for Lo Mai Kai (steamed glutinous rice with chicken) so much that I decided to make it myself. I searched the internet and found a couple of recipes and finally settled for one. I must confess it is rather complicated to make this dish though. Complicated in the sense different ingredients need to be prepared a few hours in advance. For example, the glutinous rice need to be soaked for at least 2 hours in advanced and has to be steamed for 30 minutes to set aside for use. So does the mushroom needs to be soaked and chicken need to be marinated in advanced. However, after all the hassle, the result is not bad at all, the taste is rather familiar. We had it for dinner; Johannes thinks it is too sweet for him. On second thought, isn't it supposes to be slightly sweet after all??

The Full Monty: Chinese mushroom, Lap Cheong, Chicken.

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin