Pages

Sunday, January 02, 2011

7-ups.for.new.year

now, i guess the festive season is over. i still have some stories about food but i think i have enough for the time being. so, will leave the food blog for another day.

it's another new year, new beginning and new expectation.

we had some arguments on new year's day. not a good start for me, but perhaps a better start compared to last year. perhaps is a process that i still need to learn... anyway...


DSC_0341


i stop setting new year's resolution because it just doesn't work that way for me. for me, if there is a will, there is a way and i don't have to wait for the new year to start making changes that i want in my life. today at the sunday service, i learnt more about the new theme of 2011 "the year of expansion" and what catches my attentions are the 7-ups, which in a way resemble new year's resolutions but it is from spiritual perspectives.


1. wake up - by giving thanks for the new day, new beginning and expect great things from God

2. dress up - neatly and beautifully but not only my physical appearance but also my inner qualities. i will put on a garment of praise and dress in the beauty of holiness

3. shut up - learn the secret of silence is golden. know that in quietness and in confidence i will find my strength

4. look up -to the Lord instead of my own ability which is limited. i will look up at the unlimited capacity of God

5. reach up - set myself high goals and knowing that when i have done my very best, God will do the rest. that what is impossible will become possible

6. lift up - my prayers to God so that i will experience God's great miracles

7. raise up - i will rise up like an eagle, because the Lord has raised me up


after all, expansion is God's plan. what sort of expansion i will experience this year? i leave it to Him for He will surely enlarge my capacity so that i can experience His promises for me in my life.

2 comments:

terri@adailyobsession said...

el, you are so gentle n sensitive to the Lord's words. your 7-ups are inspiring. i start this year full of thankfulness for all that God has provided n the way He turns my worries n burdens into nothing. great is our God.

malaymui said...

glad that it inspires you! yeah, if you start your day with thankfulness, nothing will go wrong!

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin