Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

watercolor.series.part.5/5.kyoto.

hello friday!! it's been a week and i am more on my ground now. where do i start, it's been a week.

action packed week.

emotional week. (filled with anger and joy)

decision week.

but everything and decision work out for me. i was scolded by my boss in my current project like a dog on tuesday, for the things that i have not done and things that i have evidents of that either his executive assistant or himself had mixed up. but he trashed his temper and anger on me, first on the phone early in the morning and later in the meeting in front of six other colleagues. also on the same day, i had a phone interview with my client in tokyo, and he accepted me for the project.

i told my boss the next day that i am rolling off from this project as of friday (today). it was not a surprise to him and we ended the brief meeting peacefully.

i had lot of frustration dealing with the team that working on my visa application. but finally they sent out all the paper that i needed for visa application today. my accommodation in tokyo is also arranged.

i have been busy in finishing off my work, transitioning to my team, trying to find a replacement for my current role (with no luck), so the team is going to be without leadership for awhile, but it is no longer my problem.

i started now with packing. it is hard to pack for such a two months business trip. all the business suits that have been neglected and hanging in my wardrobe finally have the chance to put on the show. i guess the business attire is the same as hong kong, where there is a saying "first respect the outfit of a person before paying respect to the person itself", in other word, i have to dress for the occasion. after years in the lowland i have adopted the laid back business outfit but it's good for a change.

the experience of this week is certainly a reflection because God is actually working on great things for me. what seems to be the worst moment actually turns out to be good. i may be being scolded like a dog and lost my dignity at one hand, yet i am retreating in glory, in victory in fact, i am not defeated! now i am on an expatriate term to tokyo. i couldn't believe it when i saw the service apartment that has been reserved for me, i almost dropped my jaws. a city skyscraper in the heart of tokyo minato-ku. with a spa and swimming pool on 44th floor and a look out to the tokyo skyline. what else can i ask for more. i don't deserve all these but my Lord raise me up and i am a kingly child of God.

if everything goes well, next week this time i should be already in tokyo. and i

here are the last few sketches of kyoto. i hope i will continue to sketch when i am in tokyo.

18. Bamboo Garden


19. kamogawa


20. Miho Museum

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new posting! I've been following your blog for a while now and enjoying reading your posts. Our God is a big God and may I encourage you to look at the bigger picture that He has installed for us, the princesses!!! May our God continue to bless you richly and may His protection be upon you as you begin a new chapter in Japan.

Rachel

malaymui said...

thank you Rachel for your words of encouragement! Yes, our God is big and almighty...
have a blessed day wherever you are!

terri@adailyobsession said...

i've been down with flu n just checked ur blog--and find you flying off to tokyo, you lucky you! what a wonderful thing, 2 months in japan! you'll be there for the sakura?

and you draw in watercolors, my fav medium! n your drawings are damn good! keep it up n thanks for sharing!

malaymui said...

Hi Terri, get well soon! I will surely see sakura as the project is schedule to finish in early May. I am entitle for flyback every 2 months, so will be back to NL some time in Feb/Mar.
Hey, come for a visit if you want, I think Air Asia now fly to Tokyo. You can bunk at my apartment...

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin