Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

focus.on.women

i didn’t attend the women’s seminar kick off session as it took place when i was still in USA then. Last week our HR urged me to attend one of the sessions and so I am here to attend the workshop this morning. Statistically our workforce is male dominant and the fact that there are only 30 female in the management positions tell a lot about the situation…diversity is always something close to my heart although i wasn’t sure what i am in for by attending this training. Later i was told that this training will empower me to become a women’s sponsor for other female workers in the organization.i learnt the hard way myself, being the first female in the practice and not able to speak and understand any dutch back then. When I made my promotion to the next level, i was still the only female in the management team, not until recently i have another female peer that i couldn't get along. It's been a very lonely journey and although I have overcome it very well but I do want this experience to be better for the other ladies colleague that come after my path…
i was told that each sponsor will have at maximum seven female colleagues and i hope i will impart some enthusiasm, positive experience and special touch from the Lord to them along the new initiative that focuses on women...

p/s: the photo is taken at our neglected back garden, i like the fact that the flowers represent the minority among the grass which kind of resemble the women situation at my workplace...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin