Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

wet.edinburgh

in my ex-company, i am always surrounded by young and energetic bunch of new graduates, fresh from school and that indirectly keeping me "young" and active.  in my current company, my colleagues are much older than me. this trip, my team member is a 58 years old lady, the other two in the team is not as "senior" but still much older than me. i find it hard to instruct them what to do, perhaps this is an asian thing that it's hard to give order to people who are much "senior" to me in age, even though in reality i am more knowledgeable and experience in the things that we are doing.

it's raining cats and dogs here in edinburgh. it was drizziling when i set off to check out the other side of the city. the east side is a lot prettier, grander and charming than the west-end where i am staying.  i had a malaysian meal tonight.
the roti canai is great, not fluffy type but i don't expect that in europe anyway, but the gravy is really delicious, spicy and just hitting the right spot.  the acar is refreshing and just as you expected it to be.
then the nasi lemak is on the average though, the sambal is more of sauteed onion and rather bland but it's okay.

another big different is i no longer earn the daily outstation allowance but expense reimbursement based on actual spending.  there is pros and cons to this, with my ex-company i made a lot of extra income and spend on my personal discretion but now  i can dine in luxury restaurants and hip bars, only sometimes what i want is just a simple meal.

anyway, to cut the story short, i came back to my apartment completely soaked in the rain. i am heading home tomorrow. and still need to make another two trips to edinburgh before 8 september. 

there are many things not seen and done yet in edinburgh, but i will save it for the next trip. and i will bring my 18-108mm lens instead of the 35mm lens that i had with me now.


No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin