Pages

Friday, October 02, 2009

Dutch Eats - Part 1

With my nephew around, we have been eating out a lot, trying to show him the taste of Holland...

On the evening of his arrival we let him try the Greek cuisine and being a meat eater, he thoroughly satisfied his meat crave after a few days in Paris... At Cafe New York, he ordered a dessert cake that looks creamy but turn out to be hazelnut meringue - hard and sweet...


On the second day, we went to Amsterdam and Johannes was trying to impress him with the real Dutch "junk food" - eating from the wall and the choice of kroket and Frikendel that representing the Dutch thorough fare. Then the sweet treat at Australian ice cream where he chose the deluxe Belgium waffle with whipped cream and a choice of ice cream (mocha)...



And then when it was my turn to eat, we called at Cafe de Jaren and trying to have some healthy options but choices are limited. I had a fresh mint tea, Johannes had a soup of the day which turned out to be sour minestrone soup and even my egg, ham & cheese sandwich turned out to be too much cheese for me. Luckily my nephew is a cheese lover and helped me with the extra cheese....



That same evening, we went to the Chinese restaurant at China Hotel, Delft to have our late night dinner. The food is not great (as expected) but eatable. The mixed roast meat was rather badly done even though my nephew liked it so much (being the only choice of food at that moment), the seafood tofu pot was a bit too liquid, the kaylan is my savior...



Over all I think he enjoyed the food here apart from the Chinese dinner....


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin