Pages

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

..PUFF..

Today I am in the mood for baking again, looking at the fruit basket where there were overloaded of prunes that close to their life span, I decided to make some puff pastry with them. I didn't make the pastry sheet myself since I have a pre-fab box in the freezer, so I took two sheets out while preparing the prune for the pastry.


I cut one pastry sheet to two, so that I can make two. the rest came easily, just slice and arrange the prune nicely, sprinkle cinnamon powder and a bit of sugar and very little pads of margarine to the top. 20 minute in the 200C oven and.....



Here is the result, 2 nice prune puff pastries that I had as breakfast today.



I also made a savory pastry with the other sheet by leveraging some leftover grilled chicken that we had as dinner last night.



I basically just put the shredded chicken on top of the sheet (without seasoning since the chicken already been marinated) and fold it diagonally into triangular shape. It went in to the oven at the same time with the sweet pastry.

And my freshly baked chicken puff, the skin is flaky and light... Hmmm, next time I will do curry puff with these pastry sheet...



I ate this as my lunch together with some steamed carrot, perhaps is due to weather, I have a change in my appetite, I fancy warm lunch over the cold one these days... that's because Autumn already here.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oooooh that looks and sounds sooo scrumptuous! I'm so hungry right now! And drooling!!! That just looks devine! In need of some good food now...

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin