Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

.wassenaar.trail.

Although the temperature is decreasing each day but the solace factor is still relatively high today. We drove to Wassenaar for another autumn for me, but it is actually the first walk with Johannes. I was expecting woods (as I still seeking foliage) but Wassenaar has not much woods to offer but plenty of sandy dunes ...
We started our walk from the car park and having only rough idea on where we want to go...
Encounter a green side path, dunno where it is leading to...
The weather is getting better and better in the afternoon, autumn sky, blue and high clouds


As we approaching the center of the area, I picked up a yellow leaave and try to play with my point-and-shoot camera, the effect is not very clear. I was thinking of bring my other camera but then I dropped the idea as I don't want to carry too much weight on the walk...

Meijendel another nice font type in front of a barn, this area has a cafeteria and a visitor info center.

The start of a yellow signed trail, which we didn't follow, we took another route to the beach

On our walk to the beach, we walked up a prohibited side track to the top of the dune to take this photo.... In fact this was the only moment I feel total enlightenment or rather a vacation feel came back to me. The view is not extra-ordinary but superb...
Meijendel Beach, it was very windy... and I could feel that I am very close to the nature, although the wind is cold, but the short stay there was very refreshing... and I feel my creator was close to me too...

Then we walk back to the center of the park where there is the one and only cafeteria and we stopped by for a rest.
A cuppa cappuccino and we share this apple compote and cheese pancake. It is very delicious... the saltiness of the cheese and the sweetness of apple complement each other very well...


This is the sky view from where I am sat at the terrace, the orientation of the photo is not manipulated...
We spent about 4 hours at that area with probably 45 min where we were resting (at the beach and the cafeteria), we walked for almost 3 hours. What a good way to enjoy the autumn scenery and nature and yet a physical activity that I very much needed...

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin