Pages

Friday, October 02, 2009

Dutch Eats - Part 2

On his second day here, I brought him to Rotterdam and I had my healthy lunch pause at the Cafe in Bijenkorf with grilled vegetables salad, a palma ham sandwich and he decided to save his stomach for more Dutch junk food later and therefore only had a piece of chocolate mouse cake.







After the shopping, it was his time to feast so I brought him to Braam Patat and let him tried the Patatjes Oorlog, with mayonnaise and peanut butter sauce. Apparently he didn't like the peanut butter sauce... Immediately after the fries, we hopped over to the store that sells stroopwafel and he had a big one... and while he is half way through with the stroopwafel, we already sat down at one cafe, while I just had a small Espresso machiato, he ordered "tropical evening" with excessive of whipped cream on top of his coffee...




We let him try the Turkish Kapsalon at Den Haag and he pretty much ate every thing except the tomato and cucumber (which came to me) and Johannes wanted him to try the Dutch haring at Scheveningen but he basically puked out after the first bite....



Here are some of the home cooked "unhealthy" food (in my opinion) on his special request... One of the breakfast, he had 7/8 of Hema worst with scrambled egg and corn while the remaining 1/8 went to my oat porridge as topping. On his last night, I made the beef lasagne for him. While making the lasagne I was a bit shocking with the amount of cream and cheese that went in to the white sauce and the topping, he still thinks that the lasagne didn't have enough cheese....



Johannes made him the pancake and frikandel breakfast, basically wrapped the frikandel with mayonnaise and ketchup, I find it really disgusting but yet he ate 3 frikandels with pancake plus one more pancake with ice-cream. On the top right, is the breakfast of special request aka bacon, egg and corn...

He also enjoyed the lamb shoarma and fries with mayo and ketchup....

I think the Dutch "Junk food" really lives up to his expectation.... Anyway, Bert, hope you enjoy the "taste" of Holland to the fullest in a short 4N/3D stay with us ....



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin