Pages

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Prune Day

Today is definitely a prune day, with plenty more on the plate, I decided to make prune cobbler, that's how the recipe called it, although the whole method resemble apple crumble to me. Somehow (thanked God) that I am full of energy today and full of life, I haven't feel like this for awhile, it is great to feel good.


Anyway, the remaining prunes...



were sliced and seasoned with sugar, cinnamon, corn starch and sent to oven at 200C for 10 minute. Then I went ahead and prepared the crumb toppings with oat flour, baking powder, butter and mixed by hands till the texture resembles crumb. Just before pouring the crumb on top of the prune mixture, hot water is added to the crumb to till almost mixed... (this is the only step that differentiate cobbler to crumble). The whole thing went in to the oven for another 30 minute.



My prune cobbler... imagine a dollop of vanilla ice cream on the empty space of the plate, that would be perfect! Oh, well, My life is too sweet at the moment, I don't need the ice-cream....



I actually quite like the crumbs, though the whole thing is a bit sour since I cut down on the sugar measurements... Still, it makes a good afternoon tea break.
It's time to sleep soon, I have a project interview at Sxxx and pray for me that the position will be saved for me and no one else....

Good Night!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin