Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

.my.daily.bread.

I have never been so conscious with what I put in my mouth before but lately I have this behind my mind whenever I start eating... A side effect of a life too sweet....

Frankly speaking I didn't deprive my craving so far... I still eat what I enjoy and what I think is beneficial to my health... I still have a treat of macaron, 70% dark pure chocolate, home made pastries - fruit tarts, apple crumble, muffins etc by adjusting the ingredients).
I also learned that glucose is composed of carbohydrate and sugar, both contributes to the sweet blood... So, in reality and scientifically, one can continue to enjoy high sugar content food by reducing the carbohydrate.
So, how has the sweet life affects me so far....
(1) I stop skipping meal, and now have regular breakfast, lunch and dinner, though not at a regular time yet... and now have small bites in between meals
(2) I eat and drink dairy products again, I drink more fat free milk now, whilst in the past, milk is not something I drink daily. Well, I still don't like the taste or smell of milk and I cannot take Dutch milk at all, not even fat free (lactose intolerance) but German milk here seems to be fine for me, and I always drink with a generous dash of pure dark chocolate powder... I also pick up cheese again, while at one stage we almost never have cheese in our fridge
(3) I reduce alcohol consumption - so delicious Belgium dark beer, red wine, champagne are no longer a daily virtual...
(4) I weight my food these day (using a food scale) especially when it comes to carbohydrates such as bread, pasta, rice, noodles etc.
(5) I am now a conscious food label reader, I read the food content (portion, carbohydrates, fat, sugar, protein) in every food product...
(6) I eat a lot LOT more vegetables these days, raw peperoni, cherry tomatoes, baby carrot ...
(7) I opt for savory spread on my bread for breakfast instead of sweet jam or nuttella...
(8) I consciously eat 2 portion of fruits a day
(9) We add 17 grains (Japanese product) to fortify our white rice, so that it releases the energy slowly...
(10) I reduce salt and flavorings, for example, we now starting to enjoy the taste of broccoli or spinach without any seasoning, just the taste of the green itself...
Frankly speaking the adaptation of the eating pattern doesn't really has a lot of influence on my blood sugar, but through the adaptation, my knowledge about food, its portion and its nutrition increases... Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin