Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

the.journey.via.dubai

it's been a long journey...
11 hours from tokyo to dubai.
starbucks at dubai airport
4 hours overlay at dubai and another good 6 hours flight back to amsterdam. Does this worth it all? is it the right decision that i have made to leave tokyo? it's a strange feeling...
gold rush - dubai the best place to buy gold?
tokyo is not my home and yet i find it so hard to leave the country that is in deep crisis or at the risk of meltdown. there is really no eagerness to go home and i guess i do it out of the obligation and responsibility to my husband, families and friends who are worry about me. after all, work will be greatly impacted by these constant earth movement and disturbed transportation network and planned power cut off. perhaps it's all God's plan for this unplanned earlier home trip or departure. it's good for my state of physical and emotional needs. living in tokyo, many of us are not directly affected by the tsunami, although the 9.0 magnitude earthquake is rather traumatic, although at that moment i am not afraid like many of my other colleagues but deep in my subconscious i am constantly trouble by the earth that is moving. i am not affected but yet afflicted in some ways. despite most of the buildings in tokyo are still intact and able to handle the vibration and movement but i actually feel that i am a defeater because i am escaping from japan. i don't know how to describe my feeling right now but certainly is a mixed one.
let's say cosi here is different from the ones in usa, the food is rather disgusting

writing this in the air, i am tired as the travel never seems to come to an end. i don't know how many meals i have eaten since i arrived narita, in the air and at the airport overlay before i finally touchdown amsterdam. i look at my watch, by the time i reached schiphol i would have travel for almost 24 hours.

the route via dubai is not ideal but that seems to be the fastest option to leave tokyo last night. will the impact of this earthquake change the course of my life? was this trip a God's devine plan to wake up the inner sleeping me? was this great awakening also meant for me, for my spirituality and for my devine purpose on earth. i looked at many hopeless faces and listened to helpless cries during the eternal 4 min earthquake. many on the street last friday are confused and yet japanese take everything calmly. not a sign of frustration or anger expressed like in many other countries. japanese believe in their destiny and having grew up in a country that has many natural disasters, japanese just accept the course of life, and let the nature determine the course of their fate. had I ever share more diligently and outspokenly about the hope of Jesus and the love of God and the salvation and eternity with them may be people will take this natural disaster differently. i may be ready to go home to the father but i have not done my very best yet in this world, i can do better than what i am currently doing in impacting the world and lives. earthquake and tsunami may still happens but the course of their fate will be different because God is in the midst of the situation with them. what will be my contribution and purpose in making the difference for these japanese that i know and surrounding me? many are seeking God and some are questioning God and what my response as Christian would be. i just cannot go on the eat, pray, love lifestyle further. o Lord, use me for the devine destiny that you have set out for me.

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Louvregirl said...

With radiation levels on the rise even in Tokyo, you did what you had to do (in leaving.)It seems to make good sense (even for the big picture) if those who can leave Japan (right now), do. MHO.
lg
(Relieved that you are safe malaymui... it is a pleasure to get to know you better. :))

malaymui said...

Hi LG, thanks for your affirmation. I guess i have made the right choice too knowing that most of my japanese co-workers are making plan to move south or already in transit to kansai to avoid tokyo temporary.

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin