Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

white.day.and.an.emergency.departure

a sort of additonal valentine's day on march 14th, to be exact this is a day japanese invented for commercial purpose where customary men will buy and give chocolates to their love ones.


promotion for white days


onother aftershock happened again at work around 0930 to 1030. we are moving in motion although the intensity and the duration is not as strong and lasting as last friday one. at one hand I feel safer or more secure that i was with my colleagues when the quake happened even though half of our colleagues didn't turn up due to transportation system not fully restored. the client office decided to shut down and we were told to go home. 
i couldn't even remember the taste of this macaron after another aftershock


our client's project manager still remember to give us macaron as the token or gift for white day right after quake. it's really a touching moment and bless him for his thoughtfulness. after chatting to a few foreigners working for the client, those have a choice already opt to leave the country, and i was offered voluntary departure by my company on sunday and i didn't take it. when the reality strike - should i leave or should i just wait and see. i don't feel the urgency although i am aware of the fukushima nuclear plant situation. i don't know how much help could i offer besides my prayers and financial support for the reliefs. i am ashamed that i am not affected by the power cut off plan because i am in the sort of expat executive apartment. i still enjoy the spa service at the 42nd floor when most parts of the country are out of water, electriciy and heating. it is just not right to live like that anymore. i didnt go up for breakfast nor for the swim or the jacuzzi. not that i fearful to be trap at the top floor but i just felt that it is too sinful to opt for such luxury. i just want to do something to make a different for japan in moment like this. perhaps my departure will save some energy for the needy in greater tokyo area.

 
sights of narita airport
i called up the my company emergency line and ask for arrangement to leave and in less than 5 min i got in touch by the emergency team and in less than 30 min my flight arrangements are made and confirmed. at the same time the transportation to narita is ordered and the taxi is on it's way to pick me up in 20 min. that leaves me literally 30 min to pack and go. it's a real emergency and last minute packing. in no time i am already in the taxi on my way to airport together with another 3 colleagues who are also on assignment in tokyo. is it all happened for real? i am at the departure lounge and its full of people, everyone is leaving. duty free shops are not opened at all, not even restaurants are in full operations.


my dinner at the only restaurant that is still operating in narita airport

yes, i am leaving Japan tonight 10pm bound for dubai. i am not done with Japan yet, i didn't pack everything, nor have i checked out my apartment, i am not leaving as if i am not returning. i will be back and by then i will know what my purpose is and I will live out to my destiny.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I think you are wise to leave since you can, Malaymui, and I would do the same. Prayer and financial support are the best thing you can do for Japan right now. I made a contribution to Doctors Without Borders - I am told they have a presence there right now.

malaymui said...

Thank you Lynn. I guess i have made the right decision as my co-workers are making plans or already escaping tokyo by travelling south to kansai.

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin