Pages

Thursday, November 05, 2009

autumn.pumpkin

Pumpkin muffin, anyone??

Pumpkin is everywhere!!! They are abundance in the supermarket or open-air market, they are even the focus of interior decoration...


I bought a pumpkin the other day, wanting to turn it into pumpkin pie but find that the fat content is too high, so I switch a healthy option - pumpkin muffins plus all my favorite autumn spices - cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg...

I made too much batter for 6 muffins, so I have to turn the leftover batter into a small spring form

Pumpkin muffin/cake, since I use fresh and lightly coarse pumpkin, the texture is visible... Oh yes, I also added a generous dash of home made apple compote to the batter, just to get an extra layer of complexity of taste...


The chunk of fresh pumpkin still visible, actually I was trying to capture the smoke that comes out of it but not quite there yet... anyway, at least the pumpkin is visible...



Enjoy the taste of Autumn!!!

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin