Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

books.arrived

I bought some books at amazon.co.uk a few days before I actually know that I am going to London, these books arrived on the day I returned from London.

I have already finished reading one book (A year in Japan/日本の一年) by Kate. T. Williamsen. It is more of a journal cum pictographic with a lot of sketches, drawings about Kyoto than really a novel that fills with words. A decent book for those who are new to Kyoto or Japan, as for me I find it a bit shallow... however it lights up the spark and passion for painting again.

I have stopped painting since I came back from Japan last summer and when my physical condition worsen, I hardly even think of painting let alone be inspired.


After reading "A year in Japan/日本の一年" I started to have my own inspiration on how I wanted to complete the watercolor painting book that I initiated prior and during my summer trip to Japan. I have a lot of sketches drawn on the spot right then I visited the places or I captured those ideas via digital camera. There were quite a lot of empty pages before I abandoned the project in view of sickness, now, as of today, all those empty pages are filled with humble sketches and the flow and storyboard of my watercolor painting book is finally kick starts and in progress again. I hope to be able to share my humble master piece with you soon, definitely by the end of this year.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin