Pages

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

::decided::

After much thoughts and a brief discussion with Johannes, I have decided to switch to a different career model that my company has just launched in September this year.
I missed my promotion this September and I don’t see myself standing a chance in the coming year either and under the current career model (use to be one and only in my company) one has to grow or go, i.e. you are not allow to stay at one level for too long, one either grow up to the next level or ‘go’ i.e. leaving the company.


With this new expert model in place, there is an option for those with in depth knowledge to stay in the thought leadership and be a domain expert and not necessary to generalize and developing into selling and business development which translates into playing with financial numbers, spreadsheets, sales pressures and politics.


With my current situation, given health is in the process of restoration and given that l missed my first round of promotion and I don’t see myself getting promoted in the coming cycle, may be the expert model is something for me.


Frankly speaking I still struggle with the Dutch language which is critical when interacting with C level or with the internal bunch. I also don’t like to compose financial even if it is just project financials, it is just not my cup of tea although I have been doing it for a few years not but never enjoy the process.


With the new model, I can always stay in Human Capital (HCM) domain and can stay on as manager for a longer period without worry about not getting promotion and get counsel out.


The starting point for this model will be the same as where I am right now but the remunerations package is slightly different in long run than then normal career model. The increment will be lesser in order to accommodate longer stay at level but the reward will be tie to utilization and expert contribution.


All I need to do is to make a business case for myself and submit it to management for approval.


Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed - Proverbs 16:3
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin